Saturday, November 13, 2010

Make Ready the Holidays; Our knit group

Back in October, when I started looking at all the gifts I wanted to make this year (and feeling overwhelmed!), I decided that the only way I was going to get any of it done was if I planned specific time each week where I could escape from the boys; the chores; the chaos of the house.

And that is when I realised that I was probably not alone in that thinking. And thus, our weekly fibre arts group was born.
The wonderful flyer I made, but never printed out and distributed. Despite that, we've still had a great turnout each week!

We meet at our local coffee pub, The Froth Cafe, enjoy delicious hot drinks and goodies;


And just sit, knitting;


Crocheting;


And gossiping; enjoying the company of other like-minds, and relishing in the fact that we are slowly completing the gifts on our lists.

We have a variety of ages, women from various stages in life: students, mothers, grandmothers; yet we all have a common interest in creating works of art with just needles and yarn. It's a chance to relax, recharge, and to just enjoy being in a great environment with great food.

At this point, Chris needs a special mention. Each Friday night he keeps the boys safe at home for three hours, instead of going out with the guys, as I get to escape to my fibre sanctuary. Thanks hun, and remember, Christmas is almost here!

1 comment:

  1. What I'd like to know is - how do you find time to do all this? LOL

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you thought about this post - and if you have any questions, or a suggestion about a topic you would like to see covered, let us know! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and for visiting our "Somewhat-Urban" Homestead!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...